Visit website for full details If your home is in need of essential repair or adaptation and you cannot afford to get the work done, a Home Improvement Loan may be …
Visit website for full details
If your home is in need of essential repair or adaptation and you cannot afford to get the work done, a Home Improvement Loan may be available to help you.
We work with a consortium of local authorities, and in partnership with individual authorities in the South West of England.
- Discuss your needs with your Local Authority – North Devon Council, Tel: 01271 388870
- If you are eligible for assistance, your details are passed to Wessex Home Improvement Loans.
- An adviser will contact you to arrange a time to visit you in your home.
- At the first appointment, your adviser completes a financial assessment with you to check if you are eligible for assistance.
- If you are eligible they will ensure you get the right loan to suit your needs and individual circumstances.
- Your adviser will contact the Local Authority to advise on the outcome of your meeting.
- If the Local Authority approves your loan, you can obtain quote for the works.
- Then forward the quotes to the Local Authority who will confirm to your advisor the cost of the works and the loan amount
- Your Adviser is then able to send you the Loan Agreement paperwork.
- Under the Consumer Credit Act, we must give you a 14 day cooling off period to read the paperwork and decide if you definitely want to borrow the money from us.
- If you decide to proceed, your advisor will return to your home to go through the paperwork with you.
- If you are happy, the paperwork is signed.
- Good news! Now the paperwork is signed the works can start.
- The Council will visit you to check the works. They will confirm to your Adviser that the loan can now be released and we can release the money.
- We will write to you to confirm your first repayment date, send you a satisfaction questionnaire and we encourage you to contact us if you have any problems during your loan term in meeting your repayments.