Jobs & Work Advice
Providing an impartial, all age careers information, advice and guidance service to help engage all our customers in learning and work, raising aspirations, improving life chances and personal outcomes – offering services to organisations that meet the needs of their workforce and clients and provide them with sustainable outcomes – managing a variety of contracts across the whole of the South West region which support both young people and adults’ transition between education, training and work.
Free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- Consumer Rights
- Debt & Money
- Work & Employment
Appointments are booked on the day at the Ilfracombe Centre on:
Monday & Tuesday, 10 – 1:30pm
- 01271 855 300 (appointments)03444 111 444 (advice line)
- The Ilfracombe Centre,
44 High Street,
Monday 9:00 – 13:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 17:00
Thursday 9:00 – 18:00
Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Saturday 9:00 – 13:00
Free 2 hour use of computer, support for searching internet, job seeking, CV writing, form filling
Learn Devon provide adult and community education courses in Devon covering everything from providing key skills to helping people improve at their hobbies. They run hundreds of courses at centres all across Devon, so whether you want to gain new skills, improve on existing ones, gain a qualification, learn skills to help you get back to work or just meet new people, they will help you find a course that is right for you.
Mego works with people to improve their ability to attract employers and get hired. And with employers to improve their ability to attract and hire the right people. We do this by providing a unique mix of employment and recruitment services through our employment centres, job board and recruitment hub.
Develop your CV, search and apply for jobs, understand the job market, search for courses and training schemes, find funding to support any learning, identify your key strengths and skills, explore your career options, choose training routes that fit your lifestyle, develop an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Empowering local communities through housing improvements, family support, and community development.
- Supporting local businesses to start, develop and grow, thereby improving productivity, jobs and wealth creation.
- Ensuring effective service delivery and community regeneration in our disadvantaged wards.
- Raising the skill level of the North Devon workforce and those entering employment.
- Developing and promoting North Devon as an attractive destination for communities, visitors and inward investment.
The Northern Devon Employment & Skills Board (ESB) is tasked with understanding and communicating the needs of employers and investors in relation to business development and employment and skills issues.
- Educating for work and enterprise (linking with local schools and colleges)
- Business development and support (for the local self-employed to large employers)
- Workforce skills (investing in our employees for improved productivity and growth)
- Supporting people into work (from young people to older jobseekers)
- 01237 426 426
- North Devon Plus Head Office
Caddsdown Business Support Centre
Caddsdown Industrial Park