Recreational Activities, Clubs & Groups
Book Start Corner – A 4 week course to support families to develop a love of stories, books and rhymes. Working together with parents and children each session promotes the importance of learning at home and the role of the parent /carer. Bonding between parent and child and their role in developing their child’s early language and communication skills.
Brookdale Church is a local group of Christians. Every Sunday they meet together to worship God. They also offer activities throughout the week including youth facilities, a mini sports hall for five a side football, volleyball, basketball, plus a coffee bar with table tennis and two pool tables.
Lighthouse Club: for children in years 3, 4 & 5 at school
Friday Club: for children in years 6, 7, 8 & 9 at school
Holiday Bible Club : for children in reception to year 6 at school
Contact Flick Cowley on the Facebook group for more information.
Contact Diana for more information on 01271 855586, email:email@example.com
The Capstone Ladies meet on the 4th Monday of the month at 2.15pm in Emmanuel Church, Avenue Road entrance. They are always open to new members.
There is usually a speaker in the afternoon and the topics are varied. In the winter months from Sept to Easter, a handicraft group is open to members on Friday afternoons 2-4pm in Emmanuel Church.
There is a £12 per year subscription payable after the annual general meeting in March and a monthly group meeting charge of £1 charge per meeting to help cover costs from speakers and includes tea or coffee.
- Emmanuel Church
Carol Anne Netball Club is a thriving, friendly North Devon netball club with over 200 members, 10 teams playing in the senior North Devon Netball League and a number of teams in the junior league.
Brookdale Evangelical Church hold a Youth Club on Friday evenings for children in year 8 at school. We provide underground youth facilities, including a mini sports hall for five a side football, volleyball, basketball, plus a coffee bar with table tennis, two pool tables and table football.
There are various groups in Ilfracombe who meet for a cuppa or lunch clubs. Details correct as at April 2016: Monday REGEN – Coffee Morning at Christian Fellowship Church, 74 …
There are various groups in Ilfracombe who meet for a cuppa or lunch clubs. Details correct as at April 2016:
- REGEN – Coffee Morning at Christian Fellowship Church, 74 High Street opposite the Co-op 10.30am – 12noon. Tea and homemade cakes. A chance to meet people and chat over tea, it’s very informal and you can pop in and out as you please for over 65’s.
- Lunch at Brookdale Church – Every 3rd Monday of the month at 12.30pm – £3
- Lunch at Pip and Jim’s Church 12 noon – £3.50
- Tea and Toast at ‘Open Church’ in the Baptist Church from 10.30am
- Pensioners Club at the Osborne Hotel – Alternate Wednesdays 2pm – £2 includes tea and cake
- Activity and exercises at the Tyrell 2.30pm – 4pm. Each month it includes exercises programes by therapists and health education from the Tyrell based community nurses. Finish with teacakes crumpets and tea. For over 65’s.
- Bacon sandwiches at the Candar from 10am – £1
- Lunch at the Salvation Army 12.30pm at The Retreat, Torrs Park, Ilfracombe, Devon EX34 8AY Phone: 01271 864040 to check before hand.