For bullying in education, the head teacher will have clear guidance on tackling these situations. If you are not happy with the results that have been achieved then you can visit the above website for more advice.
Advice for Young People
Belle’s Place, formerly known as The Real McCaf, is a safe and friendly environment for young people to meet and socialise. Run by qualified and experienced youth workers who offer advice, …
Belle’s Place, formerly known as The Real McCaf, is a safe and friendly environment for young people to meet and socialise.
Run by qualified and experienced youth workers who offer advice, support, guidance and information on a wide range of areas affecting young people. With access to other agencies and the wider community.
All young people from the school year 7 are warmly welcomed to come and check us out.
We offer a range of activities and facilities along with our chilled café:
- Games consoles
- Art and crafts
- Internet access
- Life skills
- Games/ sports
- Pool table
Or just come in to chat to your friends!
- Disability registration
- Services for people with sensory disabilities
- Services for people with physical disabilities
- Teenagers and transition to adult services
- Support for carers
Free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- Consumer Rights
- Debt & Money
- Work & Employment
Appointments are booked on the day at the Ilfracombe Centre on:
Monday & Tuesday, 10 – 1:30pm
- 01271 855 300 (appointments)03444 111 444 (advice line)
- The Ilfracombe Centre,
44 High Street,
Devon Carers is an information, support and short breaks service run by eight organisations working together to improve the quality of services for all carers in Devon. Training to help …
Devon Carers is an information, support and short breaks service run by eight organisations working together to improve the quality of services for all carers in Devon.
- Training to help you care
- An alert card to ensure the person you care for gets help if something unexpected happens to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Flexible Breaks Grants for help towards a holiday, or hobbies or leisure activities
- Take a break sitting service providing subsidised short breaks, to give you time off from caring
- Respite activities for young carers
- Welfare benefit checks
- Health and wellbeing checks to check your health, stress levels and mental wellbeing and discuss how you could be supported in your caring role
Helpline is open Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm & Saturday 9am -1pm
Devon Wheels 2 Work is a not-for-profit company, based near Okehampton who offer two wheel transport to people in rural communities throughout Devon.
Get Connected is the free, confidential help for young people under 25 who need help and don’t know where to turn. The service is available 365 days of the year. Volunteers help explore their issues, offering emotional support and providing appropriate sources for further help.
Opening times: Phone or webchat 13:00 – 23:00 daily. By text or email – answered within 24 hours.
Nightstop provides same day emergency overnight accommodation for young homeless people between the ages of 16-25, in the homes of volunteer hosts.
Monday – Thursday 9:00 – 16:30
Friday 9:00 – 16:00