The Community Connector
There are a number of services, facilities and activities within the community that are not well known, therefore not only are they not being utilised, people are not benefitting from all the help and support which is available to them.
The Community Connector has access to a wealth of information regarding local services and facilities and therefore can work with you to access the help that you are looking for.
The Referral Process
To make an appointment with the Community Connector call 01271 855316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Community Connector is available all day Monday – Wednesday and Thursday mornings, therefore if you contact the Community Connector after 12pm on a Thursday, you will be contacted the following week to arrange an appointment.
Who can use this service?
If you are a resident of Ilfracombe, Combe Martin, Woolacombe and Berrynarbor – you are eligible to book an appointment to see the Community Connector.
Areas of advice available include:
- Help for the elderly to get support living at home
- Details on social clubs and groups
- Drinking sensibly
- Being more active
- Stopping smoking
- Improving emotional health
- Support for carers
- Dealing with bereavement
- Disability services
- Debt services
- Coping with with Dementia/Alzheimer’s
- Getting access to free home safety checks
- Finding out about training and help available to gain employment
- Support networks for coping with illness
- Overcoming social isolation
- Services to help with stress and depression
Please note that the Community Connector is here as a ‘signposter’ to give you details of the services/facilities/activities available in the community and is not trained to give you medical or counselling advise.